Saturday, July 6, 2013

NYX, Hard Candy, & Vitabath Review

Just a few products I bought a couple weeks ago & have been trying out (:

Hard Candy Glow all the way luminizer -$8.00 @ Walmart
I've really really been wanting to try out a cream/liquid luminizer. I like my powder one but I thought maybe a creamy one will work better or give me a "glowyer" look. I'm still trying to figure this stuff out. I do like it so far but I would like to try mixing it with my primer and a few other things like that but so far I've worn it on the tops of my cheek bones above my blush, the bridge of my nose and the browbone. I like it and I like that sheen it gives off . It looks good in the glowy way not oily yuck face. They do have a more golden color that I'd like to try also !
 
Vitabath Bodywash in Dreamy Pink Frosting - $7.99 @ Vitabath
I've never used a Vitabath product and I bought this solely because it smells dead like sweet yummy frosting. But really it does. I want to eat this stuff. And its pink (: The first time I used this I used it as bubble bath and its was foamy and bubbly for a few minutes but the bubbles left quickly which was sad but it made my water and the whole bathroom smell like a bakery so I was satisfied with that. When I used it as body wash it didn't lather as much as I wanted it to but I did smell yummy and I smelled yummy for a little while . After my shower I used my vanilla lotion from B&BW to further the sweet scent so without the lotion I'm not sure how long it would have lasted. I won't be buying this again since I like a good lather and this just didn't have the lather behind it. But it does smell good. And my skin doesn't feel any more moisturized or anything like that so it just basically smelt good. But I'm fine with that since that's why I bought it to start with.
 

This is the picture shown on the website. Mine didn't turn out that pretty so I thought I would add their picture in there too!
 
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil $4.50 each
I have been eyeing these pencils for a while and not having ever used an eye pencil I was like how am I going to draw on my eye and it work out? I did a couple test swatches at the store and I liked how the colors came out on my skin but I didn't know if that how they would look on my eye. I've been wearing my bronzy colors over brown powder eye shadow just to give the powder shadows more depth and shimmer and I like it but everytime I try to draw directly on my eye it moves my contacts around so I'm going to have to apply this on a no contact day or before I put them in but I do have high expectations for these. Now the lavender that I have I wear on my brow bone and my inner eye to brighten and highlight and its amazing ! I know lavender sounds crazy but I tried the shimmery white pencil and it looked like I was in middle school trying to play dress up but the lavender gives the light shimmery highlight I want without being too cakey white and you honestly cannot even tell that its lavender ! I haven't noticed that these crease but I've also been wearing them with the ELF eye lid primer and with packed powder shadows so I can't say that if you wore them on a bare eye alone that they wouldn't crease. But they do seem to have good staying power I wear them all day and they still look good at the end of the day.
 
These are the pencils I bought 625 Sparkle Nude , 614 Lavender , & 611 Yogurt
 

 
in the same order L to R : Sparkle Nude, Lavender & Yogurt
Sparkle Nude is a lighter tan-brownish color , the lavender is a light shimmery lavender that is almost white as you can tell and the Yogurt is the shimmer bronze. Which I'd never eat yogurt that was bronze colored but that's just me. But over all I like this product a lot and will buy more of these !
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment