Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Benefit Benetint Lip & Cheek Stain Review

I probably wouldn't have bought Benetint on my own but it did come in my July Ipsy bag so of course I was going to try it. I wear blush & lipstick/lip gloss daily so I have no problem with color and this stain is supposed to be "long lasting" so even better ! I was all for the lips, like duh that's perfect but the cheek part I was weary of...a liquid on my just made up flawless face...hmm?



 
The applicator kinda looks like a nail polish brush..
 
These are the only "directions" they give. Which I like picture directions so this isn't horrible.
 
 
Up first the lips. I applied the stain with the brush provided and then tapped it in to give a more even appearance... that was a bust. It seem like it migrated to the inner parts of my lips , the more textured part of my lips I suppose. (I wear chapstick 24/7 so my lips aren't dry by no means) but that's how it settled. So I layered another coat on my lips...same thing. Basically I do not like this stuff. It looks like I drank Kool Aid. Josh even asked me what I had been drinking...um nothing that's my lip stain babe...! So I am glad I did not shell out $30 for a full size bottle of this for a lip stain..but we still have the cheek stain part ..!
 
 
Cheek Stain..... even bigger bust. This looks like I have sunburn or got beat up!! I applied a thin layer of foundation and then set it with powder like I normally would my make up. I followed the directions on the box, three little stripes in the area I would normally apply my powder blush and then I tapped it into my skin because I fear a fierce rub would whisk away my make up . So I was patting and dabbing away and I was checking my fingertips and I could already see my make up coming off. But maybe a little would be fine ok...I kept checking in the mirror and it just kept getting ew so I stopped & took a picture of how ugly , sunburn , punched in the face look it was giving me.
 
I'm thinking about maybe trying this on a make up free face... which I was going sans make up why would I want blush? I'm not sure but I do have quiet a bit left so whatever I may just try something. I could watch a youtube vlog about it and maybe find some tips on how to use this mess. If you guys have any tips let me know because I feel like this is a waste and it makes me sad because I was really excited about this.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment