Monday, July 15, 2013

Coastal Scents concealer palette first impression/review

When I ordered the Coastal Scents concealer palette I had high hopes. I had been looking for a multi tone concealer palette forever ! This one has correcting tones such as yellow, green, & purple but also has a clear concealer (for what?) and skin tones from a fair color all the way to chocolates tones. Very versatile ! And when I received my palette it looked identical to the picture online so that was a plus !!

This is the online photo because my photo won't upload :( but this is what it looked like when I brought it in from my mailbox (:


This is after I had been using it for a few weeks and trying to figure out what these colors could do...or not do. They had this weird glaze over them so you have to rub them super hard and almost press down on them to get some color and when you finally do that you have a good bit on your hand and when you put it on your skin you can see the color but once you start blending it... it all goes away. The only color that still slightly shows up on my skin are the dark browns in the far right column . Which I guess I could use them for contouring... maybe. This was really a disappointment. I have tannish skin tone so most of them just blend in to my skin without covering anything. Also for the corrective tones...purple, green & yellow those are a bust too. I am all about my yellow concealer but this did nothing. I'm still trying to find SOMETHING I can do with this palette.

Random swatches from the palette nothing in order but look how light they do on with the exception of a few dark ones!  Umm that sticks out like a sore thumb on my face. Not working !!

These were the shades from the above swatch on my arm after I lightly blended them with my fingers. No sponge or brush to blend them out just a light blend with my finger tips and they are non existent... who knows maybe I will find a use for this ... probably not but whatever.

2 comments:

  1. so glad that I read this post bc I was going to get it! yikes..

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so excited to get it too but it was really disappointing :( I've been looking for a palette like this for a while but this one def isn't the right one!

    ReplyDelete