Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mint Julep Masque Review

I've been looking for an inexpensive face mask for a while but all I kept coming up with were those clear ones that look like dried plastic wrap on your face and I have never had much luck with those for clearing out my pores, now I do like the "calming cooling" ones that clear up redness and make your face feel refreshed but I wanted a heavy duty clean out my pores mask because my pores (especially on my nose) have been out of control lately !!

Queen Helene -The Original Mint Julep Masque - $2.47 @ Walmart
*This product claims to help dry acne, rinse away blackheads & shrink enlarged pores....
 
Its a thick consistency, clay-like if you will and smells like...mint gum . I used that small amount to cover my entire face and some of my neck with a medium coverage. When I applied it at first it kind of burned, like a tingle burn but nothing too bad & it went away soon after.
 
Goes on green...& I tried to apply it evenly but...oh well its even enough.... minus the missed spot on my forehead?! lol
 
 
During the 15 minute wait that it recommended on the tube I did a little catching up with some Cosmo.
 
...After the 15 minutes it says to rinse off with warm water & wash cloth...it really came off so easy ! I just did a warm damp cloth and wiped it off. It didn't leave my face sticky or anything.
 
*Verdict - I will be using this mask again !! It really did clean out my pores ! The pores on my nose are smaller and mostly blackhead free now. It made my skin so smooth and not dry and tight feeling at all !! I keep rubbing my face because its so smooth !! I probably wont do my entire face again for a few weeks because my skin is pretty clear but I will be doing this on my nose frequently to keep those wild pores at bay and any other problem areas like my chin . I would defiantly recommend this to a friend and would buy it again. And will defiantly try out other products by Queen Helene .
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment