Wednesday, July 3, 2013

E.L.F. Cosmetics Review

These are a few ELF products I picked up a few weeks ago to try out. I've never ordered from them until my friend Heather was going on and on about them one day so I bought a few things to try out. They have a wide varity of beauty products to try so it was kinda hard to pick !! And very inexpensive products so that's always nice (: you can order their products online on E.L.F. Cosmetics or a few stores I've been in carry them Walgreens, Target & KMart. And also right now during the month of July they are celebrating their 9th Birthday so check out the website for the great deals they have going on !
                                  
                              ELF All Over Cover Stick - $1.00 (I use Apricot Beige)
I had doubts about this all over cover stick because it was only a dollar but let me say I love it ! It comes in 7 colors so there is a shade for most skin types . Oh and it smells yummy , like fruit...which is odd for a concealer stick but its a good odd (: I don't have trouble blending this out and the stick is easy to use . I will be buying this again !

ELF Essential Brightening Eye Color in Butternut - $1.00
This is the quad I have with the light tan, peachy tan, brown and bronzy brown...this picture doesn't do the colors justice because they are nicer in person. I've used these colors together and with other eye shadows I own. They aren't the most pigmented but for a dollar they do the job. Although I wouldn't say they are eye brightening but the colors are nice and I use the bronzy brown as a crease color often. There are 12 different quads in the brightening collection and there are a wide range of colors. Overall I think these are nice little quads and for a dollar I would buy this one again or one of the other colors they have.
 
ELF Studio 3-1 Mascara $3.00 (This is also in my 10 Under 10 post)
This is the most expensive ELF purchase I made. And it is worth way more ! I am beyond in love with this mascara . This was a first for me with this style brush with the little ball on the end and I love love !! I should have bought two tubes. It goes on clump free, looks good alone or layered with other mascaras, it makes my lashes look a mile long and it last! And that little ball is great for getting in the corners and hard to reach places and for adding a little extra to the tips of my lashes to give them a lengther look !
 
ELF Bronzing Brush - $1.00

 
ELF All Over Brush - $1.00
 
The bronzing brush I actually use to apply my highlight power and its great for that since its a smaller angled brush. Sometimes I use it for blush or bronzing but not usually. And the all over brush I just haven't been that impressed with. Its not fluffy enough for me. I like a super fluffy brush for my all over powder and bronzing that I do. But I will say that these brushes don't shed all over me even after I wash them which that impressed me a lot considering they were only $1.00 and I've had much more expensive brushes just fall apart and shed all over me. I would buy more brushes from the ELF line.
 
ELF Essential Eye Primer - $1.00 in sheer
The color says sheer but its more of a light tan color which is fine since the other eye primer I have is a shimmery silver and the ELF primer creates a more neutral base and its kinda sticky which I like because it keeps my loose shadows in place !
 
 
Overall I was really impressed with the E.L.F. Cosmetics and I will be buying more from them!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment