Saturday, June 22, 2013

Recent Haul Review

I've been using these products all week 1. Because I wanted to bring you guys a review ASAP 2. Because I was so excited to use all of these new products so I abandoned most of my regulars so that I could see how they all worked. Most of them impressed me but I hate to say it some did not .


                               NYX stay matte but not flat liquid foundation in Ivory $7.50 NYX Cosmetics

I've been using this foundation all week & I even tried it out on Kristen. I hate it. The color goes on way lighter than it looks. Its defiantly not full coverage. I had to pack this stuff on & still could not get it to cover anything I ended up using my glamoflauge concealer in the places that this stuff didn't cover. As soon as it went on my face it completely dried it out. It made dry patches on my skin. I was really disappointed in this foundation. I used this on a bare face, a primed face & a freshly moisturized face. It still did not help  this foundation. Maybe I can find someone who has the right skin type for this foundation? I don't know but it defiantly did NOT work for me.

NYX stay matte but not flat HD powder foundation in Nude $9.50 NYX Cosmetics
 
(The top photo is mine but this photo is courtesy of NYX)
 
The packaging is super sleek & classy. It was love at first sight. When you first feel the powder its super soft and it gives off just enough sheer color. It covers well if you want to wear it without foundation but it also works great as setting a foundation and creating a matte flawless look. Unlike the liquid foundation with the same name this stuff is the BEST! I had been using the Rimmel Stay Matte powder and while I still like it the NYX powder goes that extra mile and makes me look a little more flawless and keeps the shine at bay a little longer. Its not as translucent as my Rimmel powder but I love it and it doesn't change the color of my foundation but instead compliments it. This will defiantly be a keeper in my book !
 
 
Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore $8.99 @ CVS
 
I bought this because I have been looking for a go to blush and look how beautiful this is. It's a deep rose with gold shimmer marbled in. I use it with a lot of my looks. It goes on smooth and is a very beautiful color that is easy to layer so that you can build it . I've worn it alone  & mixed with other blushes. I like it. I don't think it will be my "go to" blush but I will keep using it when I need to add some shimmer to my cheeks.
 
Maybelline FIT Me concealer $5.49 @ Target
 
I was really excited to try something else from the FIT collection since trying the foundation . I haven't actually used this concealer with another FIT product because this time of year (summer in Florida) my face is oily enough but I'm sure during the winter when my face is a little more dry I will be going back to my FIT foundation . But I do love this concealer for year around use. It doesn't make my skin oily and it covers great !! I have concealers that I've been using and loving but they are all the kind that I have to apply with my finger and I was really looking for a good one with a wand applicator. They offer these in a wide range of colors so that everyone is sure to find a match and its a full coverage and has a nice thick consistency but not too thick that it cakes up. I've used it on breakouts, redness, under eyes & just about any skin dilemma you may be trying to cover and I love it. Stays on for hours at a time. Will defiantly be keeping this around for a while !
 
Hard Candy's Fox in a Box blush in Spicy & Sweet $6 at Walmart
 
I have found the Blush of my dreams people ! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this blush. When I went to the store they had a few to pick from one with more pinks and another with more oranges and tans, I choose this one because it seemed to have a good balance of the pinks & tans. I defiantly want to try them all ! I think the packaging is super cute & I love the box idea versus just a plastic container and then you open it up and there are 4 beautiful colored blushes. You could probably just use the pinks or just use the tans if you wanted but I swirl them all together and its this beautiful glowing blush on my cheeks that last all day . I had used it a couple times when I took this picture and you can't even tell its been used which I was glad because I did not want to ruin how pretty it was. For $6 bucks you can't go wrong . There is a lot of product in there it will be awhile before I hit pan on this one and I feel like this would compliment anyone's skin tone you could use more pink or more tan or do as I do and swirl them altogether. I will be buying this product again & again . I'm also super excited to check out the other colors they offer !
 
This is just a better look into the box. The tannish orange & golden tan color on top and the baby pink and rose pink on the bottom. FYI: It does come with a cute pink brush but I do not use it I use a large fluffy brush to apply my blush.
 
L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara $7.00 @ Walmart
I usually combine a few different mascaras to get the look I want so its very rare that I find a mascara that I can use by itself that gives me the long full lashes that I want. I've used the million lashes all week and I'm hooked ! I love how the brush separates each lash individually and makes them long and clump free. This mascara last all day even after I'm home from work. It hasn't smudged or ran. This is a keeper for sure that I think everyone should try.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment