Monday, June 10, 2013

May/June Products I've been using

These are a few products I bought back in April, May & some in June I've been using them like crazy so that I could write a review for you guys (: and because I get way too excited to use new products and then buy new products when those run out and then the cycle starts all over ! Enjoy my beautiful people.. !

                                              Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer - $8 @ Walmart

This is the only primer that I've ever used so I don't have another primer to compare it to but I do love it. I like the way it feels on my skin without making it feel oily. I bought this in April because I was wanting to try out a primer and compared to the prices of higher end ones this is a steal ! I haven't used it all yet but when I do I'll probably try another out just so I have something to compare it too but I would buy this again ! I was very impressed with the coverage and the smooth base it made for my make up !

                                        L'Oreal True Match foundation - $7.99 @ Walgreens
I was looking for a new foundation and I watch Nicole Guerriero on youtube basically everyday and this is what she has been using so I said why not? Her make up looks amazing so there I was in Walgreens picking up my bottle of amazingness and I have to say I LOVE it . I will be buying this again! I'll probably get the next shade up because this one was a little too light for me. But I've been adding color to my face with my bronzer and this foundation builds very well !!


Almay concealer & treatment gel - $8.99 @ Target
I bought this on a whim because it was actually on sale for cheaper when I bought it . Its one big product with a concealer on one end that you roll up like a lipstick and the other end is a blemish clearing gel. At first I was like oh this sounds like a big mess this will never work. Oh how wrong I was. You apply the gel let it sit for a few minutes and dry then apply the concealer over the problem area. It goes on so smooth and the gel keeps the concealer from getting all cakey in your blemish. I don't break out bad but I do have my days when I have acne in a few areas and the spot treatment I use makes my face dry so putting make up on that area is always horrible because its dry but with this stuff its not dry at all and my make up goes on smooth as ever ! Ok so I've worn my make up for 12+ hours that first day that I used this and am washing my face and I notice how small my blemish has gotten !! So I've been using it since and I love it and it really clears my skin up. I need to check into the Almay collection to see if they sell this by its self because it works and doesn't dry my skin out and the concealer color matches my skin tone to a T ! The only complaint I have is the concealer has a funny smell. But I can deal because it blends well and covers well and that treatment gel is amazing! And you can't smell it after you blend it just if you smell the concealer or you are applying it to your nose.
 
Maybelline FIT foundation - $5.94 @ WalMart
My friend Brooke recommended this a few months ago and I finally used it up before I bought the L'Oreal True Match. I liked it a lot at first. The coverage is great, and it blends into your skin easy and looks super natural but after wearing it a few weeks it was making my skin so oily after only wearing it a few hours. I tried to change my moisturizer, my face wash and my powder I was setting this foundation with but it was always oily so after I finished the bottle I decided to try something new. I may go back to it later if my skin happens to be extra dry one day or something but not right now in the middle of this hot Florida summer ! --Maybelline has a whole FIT collection including concealer , blush and powder I haven't tried any of them yet but I defiantly will be!
 
Hard Candy Glamoflauge cream concealer & concealer stick - $6.00 @ Walmart
this stuff will cover anything from acne to a tattoo. Its a GREAT inexpensive full coverage concealer and it only takes a little bit so this tube will last a while. I've had it since April and haven't put a dent in it.
 
L to R : Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Pop & Peach Petal -$5.94 @ Walmart,  Milani Crystal Gloss in Raspberry Icing - $3.99 @ Target
 
We'll start with the Revlon glosses. I think these are actually being discontinued and being replaced with something similar...but I like them. I wear them alone & over lipstick. They give off enough color on there own and add a great shine without being sticky and they don't make your lips all peely like some lip glosses do...if that makes sense..?! (: I would have bought more colors except these were marked down since like I said they are being discontinued and I assume everyone had scooped up everything else. Now on to the Milani Raspberry Icing its basically the same color as the Revlon Pink Pop except with small glitter flecks and maybe a little less shine. But I still love it and use it and its not sticky either. I'd defiantly buy these glosses again. So hopefully the new gloss that Revlon is bringing out are basically the same as these because I love them & not really sure why they would discontinue them..!
 
 
 Tone moisturizing body wash with cocoa butter in Mango Splash - $5.00 @ WalMart
This isn't my usual body wash of choice but I had a coupon for it so why not. It smells really good and Josh seems to like it. It lathers up really nice but after I get out of the shower the scent doesn't really stay on my skin and I don't feel any more moisturized than I did before so unless I have any more coupons we will be sticking to our Bath & Body Works because I wasn't impressed with this.
 
Kleancolors American Eyedol Baked eye shadow in Toffee- $1.49 @ Beauty Max
 
The picture does not do this eye shadow justice. The base color is beautiful but once it hits the light it has all of these sparkly fleck of color like silver, blue, gold, grey. Ok that sounds ugly but it just depends how its turned in the light to what color the sparkle is. I've only used it dry but since its a baked eye shadow you can use it wet also which I assume would make it darker..? But I feel like it may crease if I do that. We shall see, I guess I can try that next ! I love how pigmented this shadow is. I've been using it as my crease color in every eye look I've done the past week. LOVE LOVE LOVE can't wait to buy the entire American Eyedol collection , that name? How cute. haha.
 
Rimmel Stay Matte powder - $4.00 @ WalMart
Love it and it keeps my face shine free ! It layers really well with bronzer and blush. I will be buying this again !
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment