Saturday, August 17, 2013

E.L.F. Cosmetics Review 8-14-13

 This is an E.L.F. review of some products I bought at Target & ordered offline a few weeks ago !
 
32 color warm eye shadow palette - $6 @ Target
 
It's a mix of matte & shimmer colors. I have so use an eyelid primer when using these because they are pretty sheer. The shimmers seem to be more pigmented and work the best for me, the matte ones are a bit chalky and get everywhere. I mostly use the shimmers. But still for $6 its not a bad deal!
 
These aren't all of the shimmers but a few swatches with no primer.
 
 
E.L.F. Studio Eyebrow kit - $3
 
This is a colored brow gel with a finishing powder and it comes with a double ended brush to apply both. It comes in 4 shades light, medium, dark & ash. I have dark. I use the gel mostly and sometimes the powder but I do like it a lot, its pretty dark so you have to be careful and use a light hand I think maybe next time I'll go with medium to try it out and see.
 
E.L.F. Super gloss lip shine in Angel - $1.00
 
I probably wouldn't have bought this on my own but it was part of the steal deal and it let you choose a color and I choose a clear because I needed a clear gloss because I only have a billion tinted glosses but I do like it and use it. Its a little sticky and it doesn't have small glitter specks in it but it doesn't look like that on your lips, just super shiny and I like it.
 
E.L.F. eye shadow brush - $1 each
 
I was in need of a few new brushes so I picked these up at Target, for $1 !!! And I do have to say I'm in love ! I don't use the defining eye brush as much as I thought but I do still like it. I use the smudge brush for packing on color and it works amazing . I have not had any problems with these shedding and the handles are very sturdy. I would 100% recommend these brushes to anyone. I will be buying more brushes from the E.L.F. line !
 
E.L.F Studio Blush brush - $3
 
Elf's studio line is the more "high end" part of their cosmetics line and the brushes cost a little more than the Essentials brushes which you can tell from how soft the brushes are but I like them all equally. This was also a part of the steal deal because I wouldn't have bought this on my own , I like it but its not fluffy enough for me and my blush, I'll probably use it for contouring but its super soft !! And very nice quality !
 
 
 E.L.F. - Mineral Eye shadow in Caffeinated - $3
 
Also apart of the steal deal but I was super excited because my newest obsession is loose eye shadows! I thought the color was going to be darker but it turned out fine I like it and have been using it a lot and it has all day staying power . I do use the ELF eye lid primer with it and its amazing. I will defiantly buy these in other colors, there are over 26 colors available.
 
E.L.F. Liquid Eyeliner in Coffee - $1
 
I haven't actually used this yet because I'm not really into liquid liner lately , I've been using felt tip liners but this was included in my steal deal and I have a ton of black so I wanted to get something different and they offered blues, greys, blacks, browns and a gold shimmer and I was thinking this would be the most practical and I would get more use out of it but now I'm wishing I would have picked the gold because I've been obsessed with gold. But I'm sure I'll use it at some point , I did swatch it and its pretty.
 
ELF - Studio translucent matifying powder - $3
 
I have been using this almost daily and it holds true to its name and works amazing !! I don't use the sponge they supplied , I wish they would have left out the sponge altogether and just made the entire thing powder because its really a small amount of powder.
 
ELF studio mascara primer - $3
 
Another product I wouldn't have bought on my own but I'm glad I have it now. It helps separate my eye lashes and makes my mascara go on way more smooth and last longer and not smudge ! Defiantly a keeper in my book !
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment